Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for City Living

I don't know if anyone made this thread already, but I was wondering if anyone is already planning for when CL comes out.

I hope to start a Let's Play for this expansion pack, and I'm going to make a new Sim move into one of the cheaper apartments. I'll also make her a "rich" best friend who lives in a nicer apartment.

I'd love to hear what you guys plan on doing :)
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Got a sim who will be moving into apartments to escape her family.
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Well I'm doing a legacy challenge so until then it will be a vist day to the big city with whatever generation I'm on by then. Then on end of legacy I'm going to have heir dot suppose heir move to the city and experience living it for himself and all that comes with it. That's all I got for now
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    My main save right now is all pre-made/maxis made sims. I have a few sims(the Purdue siblings, the Scientist from GTW) who will move to the city, and I will add in whatever sims they upload to the Gallery into my worlds as well.

I'm anxious to know about new club activities. With Geekcon, I will probably make a geeks clubs for all the logic/programming/rocket science sims, lead by Andre DaSilva
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I'm thinking about doing a Lets Play as well!

I've got an idea for one sibling who basically raised their younger siblings, a set of twins. Their father as never in the picture, and their mother was never home because she was more interested in partying, so they had to take all of the responsibilities on themselves. It wasn't easy, and they lived in poverty for pretty much their whole lives, never mind how tough it was to hide just how much the oldest had to do, because they didn't want to risk the social worker stepping in. When the oldest became a YA and the younger two were teens, they decided to finally move away into the big city to get a better life for themselves. The oldest will become a politician and then the twins will get the other careers when they age up into YAs.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I'm on my loosely ruled legacy - female-heir only and they can move around. My sim Mia is pregnant from a highschool sweetheart who she broke up with to be with her girlfriend. It's annoying because my legacy is on hold now until City Living comes out :(
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I can't wait to have my Sims go to the city and visit the festivals. I have a struggling sim now that can't hold a job, living in a trailer. When CL comes out I am going to move him into one of the rundown apartments!
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Oh, also, I have several sims who will change careers. I'll know more about who will do what when they release more info. I feel like they've been kinda hinting that there's more to the new careers than just 3 new career tracks.... Thrh keep using the phrase "new career functionality" so I'm not sure what that is about.

But there are for sure a few politicians in my game now that will be making the career switch. I feel there are a lot of cooking careers and painting/art careers so they will most likely be making career changes to even things out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sedona, daughter of the Landgraabs, will be married, will join the political career, and live in a penthouse.

Wolfgang Munch will marry daughter of the Pancakes and move into some nasty apartment. :)

One of the other penthouse lot will be made into a hotel for the affluent sims that live in the other neighborhoods that wants to visit San Myshuno and it's festivals. I'll also make a "cheaper" ground hotel for visitors. I'm not sure what to do with the other penthouse lot.
    Post edited by BlkBarbiegal on
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    All My families that are already in homes will stay where they are, so I will probably add one of My creations from the gallery to that section, I will make sure to fill all the apartments in time, :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am going to put my sims spoiled kids in an apartment they are use to getting everything they want their parents are kinda rich from maxing their careers.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I've had a game I've been playing for awhile, the focus was on the two teens (one from an affluent family and one from a poor family) and I've been trying forever to get them together. They don't seem to be cooperating, though. :/ I might give them both a change of pace--have the rich family move to a penthouse and the father join the political career (he's at the top of the tech career right now) and have the poor family move into one of the lower rent apartments and see if the father can do better at becoming a comedian in the city. Maybe the boys will meet people here that appeal better to one another than they do. Hmmm, or maybe have the rich family lose everything and end up in a run down apartment right next to the other family....
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    I used to have this save file about this club called the "Relaxing Swans," and it's about Angela Howl who is destined to have a child with Leon Carter. As long as one of them doesn't die and then it becomes a "Dark timeline," and then I'll have to play it out allowing all the worst possible things to happen by trying to kill them off. But, that could happen with ANY expansion pack. No, what I'll be doing with City Living is moving these two (they don't know each other yet) into an apartment together. They'll make a club with an cop-wanna be and a business woman who doesn't live in the city, but owns a restaurant at the top of a skyscraper. They will be Ethan and Ronnie, in the respective order I introduced them in.

They all face delema's. Ethan won't get accepted into the force (because I'm not ready for that, in this timeline) and will basically be living on the streets. Ronnie, faces a competition from another business named "Lil' Devils," and will be run by a mysterious man who wants Angela's future child. Leon who finds himself smack down in the middle of a secret alien invasion. And, Angela who wants nothing more then to start a big family, but can't find the right man. She doesn't think of Leon as a match, but like a weird, nerdy roommate she got stuck with.

They'll all start a club. I've done it before, but without much story, and characters will come and go. These four are likely to stay, unless they die, as I have plans for each of them. Ethan is supposed to be head detective, Ronnie is a witch (I need them!), and the other two will have their son Andy.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm preparing my "main-save" for City Living. :) Going to be heading into generation 4 soon, and a majority of the Sims have spent their lives in Windenburg. So I have a few plans on how I'm going to move some of said Sims to the big city.

• Kory Frost (twin of Kody Frost [gen. 3], and son of Trent Frost) is going to move to San Myshuno with his girlfriend, Priscilla Huxley, in order to manage part of his father's expanding corporation.

• Then I have Maxwell Villareal, eldest son of Max Villareal and Morgan Fyres, who's going to move to the city when he's of age and become a successful doctor.

• And lastly (for now), there are my twins, Madison and Nicole Frost (daughters of Tory Frost and Addison Fowler; my "main" Sims), who will be temporarily going to the city to "study". Not yet sure if I'm going to keep them there or not, though. :)

ETA: (Oh, yeah! I'm also thinking about putting that flashy-suited blonde guy into my storyline as Wolfgang Munch's long-lost twin brother, or something along those lines. :D But that's just a maybe.)

Now I'm just thinking of who else I can make move to the city out of the other 70+ Sims of mine, and what their reasons/plans may be. :D
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    I've got a rich spoiled Daddy's girl who wants to move to the city and live off Daddy's money in a fancy apartment!! LOL! I just hope the mice are only in the lower end apartments because I hate critters....both game wise AND especially in real life!!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I have a story planned for CL about an Alien girl moving to the city to be closer to other aliens of her age. She's going to start in the spice district since she has very little money because her stepmom refuses to help her out. I'm going to replace her current clumsy trait (a trait that has no moodlets so none will linger when I switch.) with unflirty and loves music trait (again, no lingering moodlet) with vegetarian. Hopefully she'll meet the love of her life and move up in the world with her social media career.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    In my legacy save, one of my spares is going to move to an apartment. He's a snob though so will be interesting moving him into one of the basic apartments with rats!

In my other save my YA sim is going to move to the city to pursue her music career. Her parents want her to be a doctor but she has other ideas.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I might start a new game but with the same Sims.. when a new world arrives, I like to start with a clean slate.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I post legacy screenshots on my Tumblr. I might try doing an actual story this time around, instead of just focusing on the major life events.

I've got 3 (currently child-age) Sims that I want to use to explore City Living, so I'll probably focus on them.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    My current family has 4 daughters the youngest twins just aged up into YAs the twins and the second oldest will be moving out to the city while the oldest stays with the late in life heir and only son ;-) they are going to be frozen from aging while I get them working on a few skills locking and charisma as I want one to be a politician and the other to be a mixologist!
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    I got a female YA who lives in Windenburg with her mother. They've lived there for almost their whole life, but the YA has to move out because she had just turned 18 and the mother is kicking her out. The YA is planning on moving to San Myshuno, and get a cheap rent apartment.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    Reboot.

I am playing about 25 YAs in rotation.
    I am going to start a new save and begin their lives all over again.
    Two households have formed couples and one has already have children, despite my ban on having children.
    I was going to save them as is and put them in the game, but I am going to start them over again too.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh, also, I have several sims who will change careers. I'll know more about who will do what when they release more info. I feel like they've been kinda hinting that there's more to the new careers than just 3 new career tracks.... Thrh keep using the phrase "new career functionality" so I'm not sure what that is about.

Oh I hope there is - I've been desperate for new careers for so long, and hope the 3 new ones at least all have different branches so there's a much variety as possible. I was really hoping for something like Model or Actor.

I have 3 teens - who I'll play over the next month so they're YA when CL lands - that are going to move to the City and each pursue one of the new careers - a Landgraab descendent who will be Politician, a Caliente who will be Social Media and another who will follow the art critic path. I'm going to move them into a nice-ish place as they're all from fairly rich families.

For the starter apartments, I'm going to place a single mother and her 2 kids (fingers crossed for Bunkbeds...although I don't hold out much hope)

Apart from that, excited to see what pre-mades there are as I like to play them, usually after major image re-hauls though!

Post edited by tegteg87 on
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would LOVE bunk beds. Don't know if they have been co firmed or denied though.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I would LOVE bunk beds. Don't know if they have been co firmed or denied though.

I have been asking for Bunk Beds for a very long time, So I do hope we get them this time around, :)